Our Primary Commitments
We are committed to:
- Aiding and respecting those military and first responder personnel, past and present, who are struggling and suffering from PTSD and other mental health issues, as a result of their service to our Nation and our Communities.
- Motivating and equipping them with the knowledge and skills they need to take an active role in their recovery.
- Assisting and encouraging any partners and children, as an integral component to the health and wellbeing of the family unit, and any carers, whose role is imperative to the desired outcomes.
In 2016, and after extensive consultations with health professionals and other organisations working for military veterans, plus the study of relevant and credible research papers and reports, a gap in the rehabilitation process was identified.
To fill the gap there was a real need to focus on two distinct aspects.
- An holistic, all-encompassing approach to the rehabilitation process.
- The undisputed benefit of a rural/natural environment in which to deliver rehabilitation programs.
It became apparent in early 2017 that the concept of a rural retreat together with the world-best-practice rehabilitation programs being developed by the Foundation, would just as effectively suit and assist first responders.
Our Short to Medium Term Goals
Our short term goal, which has now been achieved, was to develop and deliver innovative, world's-best-practice 11 day, live-in rehabilitation Programs.
The medium term goal is the establishment of "Camp Courage", a purpose built rural retreat in South East Queensland, at which our Programs will be delivered to suffering and struggling military and first responder personnel, past and present.
These values will substantially contribute to how well and how successfully we deliver on our commitments, objects and strategies. Everyone working with us in any capacity is expected to demonstrate these values in their work.
We genuinely and sincerely care about those individuals and their families who we exist to rehabilitate.
We have an overwhelming and determined dedication to the successful outcome of our commitments, objects and strategies.
We will not compromise on professionalism, diligence or the striving for the highest standing possible in the community.
We have an insatiable desire to achieve great outcomes in all aspects of our operations.
We strive to work effectively, efficiently and harmoniously with all entities with which we interact.
We have an uncompromising attitude towards all things honest, decent, virtuous, righteous and ethical.